Advances in biotechnology have enabled the development of versatile in vitro (static and dynamic), in vivo (micro-dialysis), and in situ (brain perfusion) blood–brain barrier models, allowing more effective and safe delivery of drugs across brain capillaries
Over time, extensive RD efforts have resulted in the development of a number of versatile BBB penetration technologies. These technologies have been designed either to externally alter the permeability of the blood csf barrier or augment the BBB penetrating capabilities of compatible pharmacological interventions.
Roots Analysis is pleased to announce the publication of its recent study, titled, “Blood-Brain Barrier (BBB) Market (2nd Edition), 2020-2030: Focus on Non-Invasive Drug Delivery Technology Platforms and Therapeutics.”
To request a sample copy / brochure of this report, please visit
The report features an extensive study of the current market landscape, offering an informed opinion on the likely adoption of BBB penetration technologies and affiliated drugs, over the next decade. The report features an in-depth analysis, highlighting the diverse capabilities of stakeholders engaged in this domain. In addition to other elements, the study includes:
- More than 110 drugs, capable of penetrating this elusive barrier are currently being evaluated for the treatment of CNS drugs disorders; there are 35+ technology platforms for the development of BBB penetrant drugs
- An overview of the overall landscape of BBB penetration technologies, featuring an in-depth analysis of the technologies based on a number of parameters
- A detailed assessment of the current market landscape of BBB penetrant drugs.
- Identification of contemporary market trends depicted using three schematic representations, which include [A] a tree map representation, [B] a bubble analysis and [C] an informative heptagon representation.
- An insightful competitiveness analysis of BBB penetration technologies, taking into consideration the supplier power and key technology specific information.
- Elaborate profiles of prominent technology developers that are engaged in the development of at least four drugs.
- An analysis of the partnerships that have been established in the domain, in the period between 2014 and 2020.
- An elaborate discussion on the deal structures of various types of technology licensing agreements inked in this domain.
- An analysis of the investments made in the domain, in the period between 2014 and 2020 (till March).
- An in-depth analysis of the various patents that have been filed / granted related to BBB penetration technologies, till November 2019.
- An insightful chessboard analysis highlighting the most preferred / popular drug development strategies / paths adopted by majority of the drug developers (with clinical candidates) in order to progress their lead drug candidates.
- An assessment of the most commonly targeted disorders affecting the central nervous system , shortlisted on the basis of number of BBB penetrant drugs in development.
- A list of 240+ drug developers targeting Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease that are likely to partner with BBB penetration technology providers.
- A case study highlighting the working principle of the most common approaches that are being employed for the development of BBB penetration technologies.
- An informative analysis of contemporary Google Trends in the time period between 2015 and 2019 (till December) and insights generated from recent news articles related to the BBB, indicating the increasing popularity of this domain.
A detailed market forecast, featuring analysis of the current and projected future opportunity across key market segments (listed below) :
- Type of Payment Model Adopted
- Upfront payments
- Milestone payments
- Type of Molecule
- Small Molecules
- Target Disease Indication
- Brain Metastases in Breast Cancer
- Glioblastoma Multiforme
- Hunter Syndrome
- Hurler Syndrome
- Leading Technology Platforms
- J-Brain Cargo® Technology
- LRP-1 Technology
- Trojan Horse Technology
- Leading Drug Developers
- JCR Pharmaceuticals
- Key Geographical Regions
- North America
Transcripts of interviews held with the following senior level representatives of stakeholder companies
- Ram Bhatt (Chief Executive Officer, Chairman and Founder, Innovative California Biosciences International (ICBI))
- Frank S Walsh (Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Ossianix)
- Pieter Gaillard (Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, 2-BBB)
- Rob Hutchison (Chief Executive Officer and Chairman, biOasis Technologies)
- Mathias Schmidt (Chief Executive Officer, ArmaGen)
- Mark L Peterson (Chief Operating Officer, Cyclenium Pharma)
- Xavier Rivero (Chief Operating Officer, Sagetis Biotech)
- Carole Desseaux (Head of Clinical Affairs, CarThera)
- Jamal Temsamani (Head of Drug Development, Vect-Horus)
- Kevin Kit Parker (Professor, Wyss Institute, Harvard University)
Key companies covered in the report
- Cyclenium Pharma
- Denali Therapeutics
- ICB International
- JCR Pharmaceuticals
- Lauren Sciences
- Medesis Pharma
For additional details, please visit
https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/view_document/blood-brain-barrier-drug-delivery/310.html or email [email protected]
You may also be interested in the following titles:
- Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19): Preventive Vaccines, Therapeutics and Diagnostics in Development
- DNA-Encoded Libraries: Platforms and Services Market
- Global Stem Cells Market: Focus on Clinical Therapies, 2020–2030
About Roots Analysis
Roots Analysis is one of the fastest growing market research companies, sharing fresh and independent perspectives in the bio-pharmaceutical industry. The in-depth research, analysis and insights are driven by an experienced leadership team which has gained many years of significant experience in this sector. If you’d like help with your growing business needs, get in touch at [email protected]
+1 (415) 800 3415
+44 (122) 391 1091
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/RootsAnalysis
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/roots-analysis/mycompany/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/RootsAnalysis
Medium - https://medium.com/@RootsAnalysis
Pinterest - https://in.pinterest.com/RootsanalysisPin/_saved/