It is a wallet used to store cryptocurrency which provides full-fledged security with an interface that is easy to use for beginners too. Its main role is that it provides its users, with a connection between a browser extension and Ethereum blockchain. It also becomes a host network for more than one dApps. In this blog, we are going to give some basic information associated with MetaMask wallet.
Procedure to create a MetaMask wallet
- Initially, you will need to go to the official website of MetaMask and press download. Here you will have to choose between a browser extension or a mobile app as it is available in these two versions.
- Choose MetaMask extension and tap get started. Here, you will get an option between creating a new wallet or importing an existing wallet using a secret seed phrase.
- Now, you will have to click on Create a wallet and tap I agree on the next screen if you want to help make MetaMask better or No thanks to go ahead.
- In this step, all you need to do is to create a very strong password for your wallet.
- Now, click on “Click here to reveal secret words” for the seed phrase to be revealed and tap next.
- The seed phrase should be stored very safely as it is the only key to access your funds if there is a problem with your device or you reset your browser. We recommend you to write it down and store it in a place to which only you have access as no help can be provided from the side of MetaMask in case you lose the seed phrase.
- Sharing your seed phrase and other security details with anyone will give them the full authority to access your funds and no one will be able to help you recover them in that case.
- Select the correct sequence of your seed phrase for the sake of confirmation of it and tap confirm to go ahead with the process.
- So, the process of setting up your wallet has been successfully done.
MetaMask wallet troubleshooting steps
- Try closing whichever version of the wallet you are using and reopening it.
- Restart the device on which you are operating the wallet.
- Try locking and again unlocking the MetaMask wallet.
- If the problem you are facing is associated with a specific transaction, check the status of the blockchain corresponding to the network you are operating on. Block explorers are a really important source of information as they carry all the relevant details associated with transactions.
- The version of MetaMask that you are using should be up to date.
- Search community forums and other similar forums for answers to questions related to yours or the same as yours.
In this blog, we have given an in detail description of how to create a MetaMask wallet and associated troubleshooting steps. This blog is especially dedicated to those users who want information on the procedure of creating a MetaMask wallet and fixes associated with it when facing technical issues. We hope this blog helped you in the best possible way and you enjoyed reading it.