Welcome to our Allegiant Airlines pet policy guide. Traveling with pets can be a wonderful experience, and Allegiant Air understands the importance of accommodating our four-legged friends. In this blog post, we'll go over Allegiant Air's pet policy, which includes travel criteria, carrier restrictions, fees, and reservations. We will also provide advice on how to care for your pet while travelling. Prepare for your next trip with your beloved pet knowing that Allegiant Air is pet-friendly.
Allegiant Pet Policy
Allegiant Air is a well-known low-cost airline that flies primarily within the United States. If you're planning to travel with your pet, it's important to familiarize yourself with Allegiant pet policy to ensure a smooth and comfortable travel experience for you and your pet. Allegiant has strict policies in place to ensure the safety and well-being of all passengers, including those traveling with pets. Understanding Allegiant Airlines' pet policy will allow you to prepare carefully and make informed decisions about your pet's travel arrangements. Let's go over the basics of Allegiant's pet policy so you can navigate the process with ease.
Requirements for traveling with animals
There are certain requirements and guidelines to be aware of when traveling with pets on Allegiant Air. Here is information on the types of pets allowed, the documentation required and any size or breed
restrictions: Pets Allowed: Allegiant Air allows small cats and dogs to travel with their owners in the cabin. Other animals or pets are not permitted in the cabin and must be transported as cargo or through Allegiant's shipping partners.
Documentation Required: You will need to ensure that you have the following documentation for your pet
• Health Certificate: All pets traveling on Allegiant Air must have a health certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian. The confirmation must be issued within 10 days of the departure date and must state that your pet is healthy and fit to fly.
• Vaccination records: Make sure your pet has up-to-date vaccination records, including rabies vaccinations as required by the destination you are traveling to.
• Size and Breed Restrictions: Allegiant Air has specific size and breed restrictions for pets traveling in the cabin. Maximum pet carrier dimensions are 9" H x 16" W x 19" D. The pet and carrier must not weigh more than 20 pounds. In addition, due to possible respiratory problems, Allegiant Air does not carry nosed breeds of cats or dogs (such as bulldogs , pugs) in the cargo area.
Instructions for transporting animals
When flying with your pet on Allegiant Air, it is important to follow the specific requirements and criteria for pet carriers. Here's more information on pet carrier requirements, such as size and weight restrictions, accepted carrier styles, and tips for keeping your pet comfortable and safe:
Carrier Types Accepted: Allegiant Air allows soft-sided and hard-sided pet carriers that meet their specifications. Here are some specifics for each type:
• Soft Sided Carriers: Soft sided carriers should be well ventilated and have a secure closing mechanism. They should also have a waterproof bottom and be impervious to prevent accidental penetration.
• Rigid Carriers: Rigid carriers should be strong, durable and well ventilated. To keep your pet safe, the carrier should include a secure latch or locking mechanism.
Tips for ensuring comfort and safety:
• Familiarize your pet with the crate: Familiarize your pet with the crate well in advance of the departure date. Allow them to explore and familiarize themselves with the carrier by placing snacks, toys or bedding inside.
• Provide adequate ventilation: Ensure that the carrier has adequate ventilation to provide your pet with fresh air throughout the ride. This is especially important on longer journeys.
• Secure and tag the carrier: Make sure the carrier is securely fastened and that any locks or fasteners are in place. Additionally, affix a label to the carrier with your contact information, including your name, phone number, and destination address.
• Essentials Pack: Include your pet's favorite blanket or bedding, a leash, and some toys in the carrier for comfort and entertainment during the trip. Avoid packing items that could pose a choking hazard or injury to your pet.
• Follow TSA guidelines: Be aware that the carrier may be subject to security screening. To ensure a smooth check-in, check the Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) requirements for traveling with dogs.